Position Overview and Responsibilities:
We are looking for a creative, detail-oriented, relationship manager with 10+ years’ experience as an Account Director — someone who has the ability to work in a crazy, fast-paced, ever-changing landscape.
The Account Director is responsible for but not limited to the following:
- Maintaining an autonomous relationship with two or more major clients, making all decisions regarding all account planning, program development, budgets and estimates, project direction and management. This individual must possess a thorough understanding of direct marketing strategies and complex ideas with the ability to translate ideas into a marketing campaign while maintaining and developing ongoing relationships with clients.
- The Account Director will manage creative and strategic development of direct mail, e-mail, telemarketing, and online material within clients’ budgets.
- Manage the generation of project/creative briefs, production matrices, estimates, data processing instructions, conference reports, and additional project-related material.
- The Director will direct and lead Nexus Direct and their clients through ongoing programs and projects.
- The Account Director will manage an account team and assist with recruiting, hiring, training, proposal and RFP (request for proposal) writing.
What's in it for you:
- We offer a generous salary and have comprehensive benefits, including 85% health care coverage, 401(k), & PTO
- Fun, supportive environment that is never the same two days in a row!
- On-going training and advancement opportunities.
- Travel domestic and international a couple of days per month.
What you MUST possess to be considered:
- 10+ years Full Service Direct Marketing experience.
- 2+ years agency experience.
- Experience managing and an Account Team.
- Expert project/client management skills.
- Microsoft Office applications: Outlook, Word, Excel
- Must be able to travel to visit vendors and/or clients 4-8 days/month
- Excellent organization, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, Business, Journalism, or English preferred.
- This position requires high energy, assertiveness, creative problem solving, good judgment and initiative.
Why Nexus Direct:
We are an award winning, international direct marketing agency that is focused on making life easier for our clients. We are passionate about data, research, and results. Our commitments to our clients’ missions means that deadlines are tight and at times, pressure can be high. However, this is balanced by a dedication to our employees and their loved ones, since we believe that the flexibility, we give to our employees translates to a higher commitment to our clients. Our clients would say that we are committed to putting together innovative solutions for them, while our employees thrive in a fun environment with a unique culture. Does this sound like YOU?
Nexus Direct is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.