Position Overview and Responsibilities:
We are looking for a detail-oriented problem solver with 3+ years Direct Mail Print Buying experience — someone who has the ability to negotiate costs and strive for the highest quality in direct mail printing and production.
The Direct Mail Print Buyer is responsible for but not limited to the following:
- Developing strong vendor relationships and lead in the purchasing of direct mail materials for all direct mail projects including negotiating best costs, seeking cost savings opportunities.
- Ensuring the highest quality in printing production through ensuring the quality control standards of each vendor meets Nexus requirements.
- Coordinating and managing the proper flow of multiple print projects from planning, scheduling and managing through completion for all direct mail projects.
- Create and communicate schedules and ensure they are updated on a regular basis and provide timely warnings when delivery dates may be in jeopardy.
- Properly research and vet new partners on an ongoing basis to ensure we are partnering with vendors with the newest innovations in printing capabilities.
- Work closely with other team members outside the production department, such as Account Services, Creative, Quality Assurance, and Data.
What's in it for you:
- We offer a generous salary and have comprehensive benefits, including 85% health care coverage, 401(k), & PTO
- Fun, supportive environment that is never the same two days in a row!
- On-going training and advancement opportunities.
- Travel domestic a couple of days per month
What you MUST possess to be considered:
- Industry knowledge of direct mail print production
- 3+ years Print Purchasing
- Expert project management skills.
- Mac OSX and Microsoft Office applications
- Must be able to travel to visit vendors and/or clients
- Excellent organization, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Communications, or Marketing preferred or equivalent work experience in all the above.
- This position requires high energy, assertiveness, ability to negotiate, creative problem solving, good judgement and initiative.
Nexus Direct is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.